Pennsylvania Auto Theft Prevention Authority
Great Gasoline Giveaway Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING. THE FOLLOWING SWEEPSTAKES IS VALID IN PENNSYLVANIA ONLY, AND IS OPEN ONLY TO QUALIFIED PERSONS (AS DEFINED IN THE RULES BELOW). VOID ELSEWHERE AND WHEREVER PROHIBITED. DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN THE SWEEPSTAKES IF YOU DO NOT FALL WITHIN THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS AS SET FORTH BELOW.
1. Sweepstakes Name: Pennsylvania Auto Theft Prevention Authority Great Gasoline Giveaway Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”).
2. Sweepstakes Period: Sweepstakes registration is scheduled to begin at 12:00:00 am EST on 6/1/2019 and end at 11:59:59 pm EST on 9/14/2019 (the “Registration Period”). The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void outside of PA, and wherever prohibited or restricted by law.
3. Who May Enter: Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of Pennsylvania only who are age 18 or older as of date of entry, and have a valid U.S. driver’s license or government issued I.D. except the following classes of persons who are not eligible to enter, participate or win:
- Employees, officers, grantees, and directors of Pennsylvania Auto Theft Prevention Authority (“Sponsor”), Million Dollar Media, LLC (the “Sweepstakes Administrator”), Martin Owens Group, LLC each of their respective franchisees, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, distributors, retailers, printers, advertising and promotion agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the design or execution of this promotion (collectively “Released Parties”) and the members of the immediate families or households of any of the above, whether or not related. “Immediate family members” includes, for purposes of this promotion, parents (including in-laws), grandparents, siblings (including step-siblings), children (including step-children), grand children (including step grandchildren) and each of their respective spouses.
- Individuals who do not have current access to an internet connection in order to visit the Sweepstakes website, or a valid email address to register.
4. How to Enter: Visit www.greatgasolinegiveaway.com during the “Registration Period” and follow the on-line instructions to complete an entry in the Sweepstakes. Each contestant will be given one trivia question (contestants are not required to answer the trivia question correctly to enter the Sweepstakes for a chance to win a prize) and then must fully complete the registration page with all required information including his/her complete name, phone number and valid email address.
After having read and agreed to these Official Rules, click the submit button on the Sweepstakes registration page to submit your entry. All eligible entries received must be fully complete for all required information. Any online entry submitted with an invalid email address will be disqualified. Maximum of one entry per person. Submitting more than one entry per person (by using the same or alternate names or email addresses) will invalidate all entries submitted by that contestant. Eligible entries must be submitted and received by 11:59:59 pm EST on 9/14/2019. All other entries are ineligible to participate or win any prize.
Any available opt-in opportunities are not required to enter the Sweepstakes, and checking the opt-in boxes will not improve your chances of winning. By participating and submitting an entry, contestant agrees that sponsors and participating parties are authorized to contact entrant via email, mail, phone or any other form of media to make contestant aware of information pertinent to the Sweepstakes, and to distribute information regarding the Sponsor(s) featured products, special events or promotional offers, or purchase incentives. Contestants may opt-out of any further email communication at any time by simply replying REMOVE to any email message, or following the provided opt-out instructions.
Incomplete or illegible entries will be disqualified. Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, illegible, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, damaged, or for entries submitted in a manner that is not expressly allowed under these rules, or for any entry not submitted or received due to any technical error or failure, human or programming errors, unauthorized human intervention, inaccurate capture or mis-entry of any required information, or the failure to capture any such information for any reason, or effects of hackers or failure of any electronic equipment, computer transmissions and/or network connections; all of which will be disqualified.
Each participant must submit an entry on his/her own behalf. Any entry submitted on behalf of another individual or using another person’s email address or name will be disqualified and ineligible to claim any prize. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number of entries allowed by using same, multiple/different email addresses, identities, or any other methods void that participant’s entries and that participant may be disqualified. No mechanically reproduced or automated entries permitted. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification and all such entries will be deemed void.
In the event of a dispute as to any on-line registration, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to register will be deemed to be the registrant and he/she must be eligible according to these Official Rules. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. All entries received become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
5. Winner Selection and Notification
Weekly Prize (maximum 15 total weekly prize winners): On approximately each Friday during the Registration Period, a random drawing shall be held from among all eligible entrants who submitted a valid entry in the Sweepstakes as of the time of drawing to select a total of one (1) potential weekly prize winner (see weekly prize description below).
Each potential weekly prize winner will be notified initially by phone or email to the email address submitted by that entrant during the registration process. If the Administrator is unsuccessful in its attempt to reach and speak directly with a potential weekly prize winner within 24-hour hours of the initial notification attempt, then that contestant may be disqualified and an alternate potential weekly prize winner may be randomly selected from among all remaining eligible entrants, and notified as per the procedures outlined above (time permitting). Note: phone messages will not be left during the weekly prize winner notification process.
Each selected potential weekly prize winner must confirm their eligibility and indicate their willingness to accept the weekly prize (see below). If any selected potential weekly prize winner does not meet the eligibility requirements, or elects to decline the prize, s/he will be disqualified and, at Sponsor’s discretion and time permitting, an alternate weekly prize winner will be randomly selected from among all remaining eligible entries and notified as per the procedures outlined above. Any disqualified contestant will not receive any alternate prize substitution or compensation. Decisions of the Administrator in the selection and determination of the weekly prize winner and all matters relating to this Sweepstakes are final and binding.
Grand Prize Winner (Maximum one grand prize award): On or about 9/16/2019 a random drawing shall be held from among all eligible entries received in the Sweepstakes to select a total of one (1) potential grand prize winner (see grand prize description below).
Potential grand prize winner will be notified initially by phone or email to the phone or email address submitted by that entrant during the registration process. If the Administrator is unsuccessful in its attempt to reach and speak directly with the potential grand prize winner within 48-hours of the initial notification attempt, then that contestant may be disqualified and an alternate potential grand prize winner may be randomly selected from among all remaining eligible entries received and notified as per the procedures outlined above (time permitting). Note: phone messages will not be left during the winner notification process.
During the grand prize winner notification, the selected potential grand prize winner must confirm their eligibility, and indicate their willingness to accept the prize. The potential grand prize winner will then receive official notification via mail or email delivery. If the selected grand prize winner does not meet the eligibility requirements or elects to decline the prize, s/he will be disqualified and, at Sponsor’s discretion and time permitting, an alternate winner will be randomly selected from among all remaining eligible entries and notified as per the procedures outlined above. Any disqualified contestant will not receive any alternate prize substitution or compensation. Decisions of the Administrator in the selection and determination of grand prize winner and all matters relating to this Sweepstakes are final and binding. Maximum of one (1) weekly prize and (1) grand prize award per person.
6. Prize Acceptance Requirements: All of the following will apply to all prize winners:
a. Winners will be required to complete and return, within 5 days of date of receipt, a prize acceptance form, a W-9 form (if prize value exceeds $600), an affidavit of eligibility, and a liability/publicity release (where permitted) signed by the winner;
b. Winners may be required to present a copy of a valid social security card and a valid driver’s license as a condition of participating or receiving any prize;
c. Winners will be issued an IRS Form 1099 reflecting the actual value of all prizes won (if prize value exceeds $600);
d. Winners will be responsible for paying all applicable taxes (including, but not limited to all local, state and federal taxes) on all prizes awarded;
e. Winners will be required to submit a recent photo of themselves. Restrictions of submitted photo include but are not limited to:
- Photo must be emailed to and received by Administrator at the email address provided during the notification process;
- Photo must in a GIF, JPG or PNG file format, may not exceed 10MB in file size;
- Photo may not include images of any individuals under the age of thirteen unless entrant is the parent or guardian of such individual and gives permission for such individual to be published, or if entrant has the permission of such individual’s parent or guardian to photograph such individual and has permission for such individual’s likeness to be published, and that parent or guardian has consented to the aforementioned terms and conditions;
- Photo may not include trademarks, logos, or copyrighted material not owned by entrant or material that is used without permission (including but not limited to company names, photographs, works of art, or images published on any media) or that otherwise infringes or violates the rights of any third party (including but not limited to, copyrights, trademarks, patents, trade secrets, logos, contract and licensing rights, rights of publicity or privacy, or any other intellectual property rights);
- Photo may not be subject to any third party agreement or require payment or incurrence of any sums to obtain further permissions of any person or entity as a result of its use or exploitation of the idea or rights therein or portions, or modified versions or derivative works thereof;
- Photo may not contain any political or politically themed or motivated messages, statements, or images;
- Photo may not defame, slander, libel, misrepresent, or contain disparaging remarks or any other content that could adversely affect the name, reputation, or goodwill of Sponsor, Released Parties or any other individuals and/or entities affiliated or associated with Sponsor, the Contest, or any prizes, the determination of which shall remain in the sole discretion of Sponsor;
- Photo may not depict or contain any element which is or may be considered unlawful, harmful, threatening, violent, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, indecent, inappropriate, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, religiously, ethnically or otherwise objectionable in any manner as solely determined by Sponsor;
REPRESENTATIONS AND RELEASE OF RIGHTS TO SUBMISSIONS: By their submission, each entrant represents that s/he has sole and exclusive ownership and proprietary rights of all photo images; has full permission of all parties within photo to publish and release their images and actions shown within the photo; and agrees that each submission becomes the sole and exclusive property of Sponsor; and entrant transfers any and all of his/her right, title and interest in and to such submission, including but not limited to any and all copyrights, trademark rights, “moral rights” and any and all other proprietary rights that may exist, throughout the world, to Sponsor and expressly waives any rights s/he may have in such submission. Each entrant agrees Sponsor is the exclusive owner of all rights in and to such photo submission, and will have the worldwide, perpetual right to copy, display, reproduce, exhibit, edit, modify, assign, license, register for copyright or trademark, distribute, sell or otherwise use and exploit the photo submission and all elements and/or derivative works thereof, in whole or in part, alone or with other materials, in any media now known or hereafter created or devised, for any reason whatsoever. Submission of photo constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its designees to use that entrant’s name, city, state of residence, photo and/or likeness for purposes of advertising and trade in any and all media now or hereafter known worldwide in perpetuity without limitation or further compensation, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law. Submissions will not be returned by Sponsor.
Failure to meet the requirements listed above under Prize Acceptance Requirements (Section 6, a-e), or collect or properly claim any prize in accordance with these rules will result in forfeiture of the prize. If forfeited for any reason, finalist will not receive any other prize substitution or compensation, and the prize will remain the property of Sponsor and will not be awarded, except as provided herein.
7. Prize Awards & Delivery:
Weekly Prize: The weekly prize is (1) $100.00 American Express Gift card, subject to terms and conditions of American Express gift card policies. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to award multiple gift cards in varying denominations to satisfy the total amount to be awarded. Winner(s) must accept delivery of prize from Sponsor, or as otherwise instructed by Sponsor. All other costs related to prize delivery and acceptance are the responsibility of winner including but not limited to taxes. All properly claimed prizes will be awarded. Prizes are non-transferable and no prize substitution allowed, except at sponsor’s sole discretion or as provided herein. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if an advertised prize becomes unavailable. A maximum of fifteen (15) weekly prizes will be awarded.
Grand Prize: The grand prize is ‘Gas for a Year’, awarded in the form of a check made payable to the confirmed winner in the amount of $5,000.00. Winner(s) must accept delivery of prize from Sponsor, or as otherwise instructed by sponsor. All other costs related to prize delivery and acceptance are the responsibility of winner including but not limited to taxes. All properly claimed prizes will be awarded. Prizes are non-transferable and no prize substitution allowed, except at sponsor’s sole discretion or as provided herein. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if an advertised prize becomes unavailable. A maximum of one (1) grand prize will be awarded.
All prizes requiring delivery (“Shipped Prize(s)”) will be shipped to each entrant who is a confirmed winner at the address listed on their signed affidavit of eligibility form. All Shipped Prizes will be delivered by U.S. Postal Service or common carrier of Administrators choosing, and Shipped Prizes will be deemed delivered to the winner once a Shipped Prize is delivered by Administrator to the U.S. Postal Service or other common carrier of Administrator’s choosing. Sponsor and Administrator will not be responsible or liable for a late, delayed, lost, stolen, undeliverable or damaged Shipped Prizes once delivered to the U.S. Postal Service or other common carrier, for any loss or damages relating to delivery, use, or misuse of a Shipped Prize, or for any Entrant who incorrectly entered their actual address during the registration process. Please allow 6-8 weeks for delivery of Shipped Prizes.
8. Additional Rules & Restrictions: By participating, entrants agree to abide by and be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and Administrator, which shall be final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. In the event an entrant wins a prize, and is later found to be in violation of these rules he/she will be required to forfeit the prize or to reimburse Sponsor for the stated value of the prize if such violation is discovered after winner has used the prize. Participation in Sweepstakes constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its designees to use entrants’ names, cities and states of residence and/or likenesses for purposes of advertising and trade in any and all media now or hereafter known worldwide on perpetuity without limitation or further compensation, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law. False, fraudulent or deceptive entries or acts shall render entrants ineligible for any prize.
By participating, entrants agree to hold all Released Parties harmless from any claims, losses, actions, or damages of any kind, whether actual, incidental or consequential, for injury (including but not limited to death), damages, losses or expenses arising out of or relating to entrant’s participation in this Sweepstakes, or the acceptance, possession or use/misuse of any prize, or participation in prize-related activities (including but not limited to travel or activity related thereto), and to assume all liability therefor.
Released Parties shall not be liable to winner or any other person for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof by reason of any acts of God, any actions, regulations, orders, or requests by any governmental entity, equipment failure, terrorist acts, war, fire, unusually severe weather, embargo, labor dispute or strike, labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, or any other cause beyond Released Parties’ sole control.
Participants are restricted to use of ordinary and typical computer equipment, mobile phone equipment, Internet access and cellular networks. Sponsor disclaims all liability for the inability of a participant to complete or continue an entry due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, acts beyond the Sponsor’s control, or otherwise. The Sponsor disclaims any liability for any entries not received due to technical difficulties or transmission errors. The Sponsor disclaims all liability for any delays, mis-delivery, loss, or failure in the delivery of any item sent by mail, courier, express, electronic transmission, or other delivery method. Released Parties are not responsible for mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions or failures of any kind, including: failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed transmission of online entries, traffic congestion on telephone lines, the Internet or at any website or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit an online entrant’s ability to participate in the Sweepstakes, and any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile phone related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in the Sweepstakes. Released Parties are not responsible for any other errors of any kind, whether computer, technical, typographical, printing, human or otherwise, relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitations, errors which may occur in connection with the receipt or data storage of entries, printing or advertising of this Sweepstakes, administration or execution of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries or in the announcement of the prizes or prize winners. Any entry not received, lost, damaged or destroyed for any reason is not eligible to participate in the grand prize Sweepstakes. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes website.
Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes if fraud, misconduct, release of the grand prize winning number, or technical failures destroy or threaten the integrity of this portion of the Promotion, in the opinion of the Sponsor/Administrator, or if a computer virus, bug, or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes as determined by Sponsor/Administrator, in their sole discretion. In the event of early termination of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the registration, and execute the grand prize Sweepstakes by comparing all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the time/date of such termination to the grand prize winning number, provided the termination is not a result of the winning number being released. If due to circumstances beyond the control of the Sponsor, any event associated with this Sweepstakes or the prize is delayed, rescheduled, postponed or cancelled, Sponsor reserves the right, but not the obligation, to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes and shall not be required to award a substitute prize.
IN CASE OF DISPUTES: By participating, each entrant agrees that (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and any judicial proceeding shall take place in a federal or state court within the State of New Jersey; (2) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with this Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New Jersey, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of New Jersey or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New Jersey.
9. Odds: The odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received at the time of the drawings in the Sweepstakes.
10. Official Rules & Winners List: For a copy of these Official Rules or the name of any prize winner(s), send a self-addressed stamped envelope to be received by 11/14/2019 to: Pennsylvania Auto Theft Prevention Authority Sweepstakes, c/o Million Dollar Media, P.O. Box 248, Woodbridge, NJ 07095. PLEASE SPECIFY which you are requesting: Official Rules or Winners List. Name of prize winner(s), if any, will not be available until after 9/14/2019.
11. Sweepstakes Administrator: This Sweepstakes is administered by Million Dollar Media, P.O. Box 248, Woodbridge, NJ 07095